So in the past 6 months or so, Ryan has really started to become a little man. The stuff he says... it just cracks us up. Where does he get this stuff? Of course, as I've mentioned before I have "mommy brain", or maybe I should just call it "heather brain" since it seems to be my thing that I can't remember anything anymore. What I'm trying to get at is... Ryan has said so many funny, smart, and/or interesting things recently but since I don't write them down I end up forgetting them. Right now I'm going to think hard and try to come up with a few of them. Hang on....
"Mom, can we be friends?" He usually says this after I get mad at him for something. It's like he's afraid I'll never like him again. Poor guy.
Ryan was watching a show once (he loves his shows) and Scott told him, "Okay, the show is over. We're turning the TV off now." And Ryan replied, "But he said we're supposed to keep watching!" Apparently the little character on TV that shows up between shows said something like, "We'll be right back. Keep watching."
About Grace... Ryan says things like:
"Ohhhh, Grace. She's so cute!"
"Grace is a sweety heart."
"I love you Grace."
"Grace has a big head."
"What's this song?" Whenever I'm playing the radio in the car, Ryan wants to know the name of the song because then he can listen to see if he hears the artist sing the title words. For example, today we were listening to "Raspberry Beret" by Prince. Ryan asked what the song was and I said, "Raspberry Beret". And he said, "But I don't hear Raspberry Beret." So I told him to keep listening because he would hear it eventually, and then he did. He also told me to stop singing along to the song. I don't think he's the only one who dislikes my singing voice. :)
"Mom, I really like your friends."
The other day I was at work and I called home to talk to Scott. Ryan got on the phone and asked, "Mom, when are you coming home?" I told him I would be coming home after work and he said, "But that will be FOREVER!"
"Mom, I have to ask you a question."
"Are you kidding me?" He says this when he can't believe something, and he says it in that tone like... Are you kidding me?
"It was my pleasure."
That's all I can remember right now, but I know there are more that are even better! If I can think of more, I'll post a "Ryan-isms Part 2".
1 comment:
Love the Ryan-isms. I'm glad you are posting them. You'll be able to refer to your blog when you want to put them in his baby book. Like I've said, he's a 30 year old in a 3 year old body!
Post a Comment