Friday, July 25, 2008

Ryan-isms Part 2

I have a new "Ryan-isms" to report and I have one retraction to make. First the retraction... in my first "Ryan-isms" post I said that he says "ask" as "aks" (with the k before the s), because that's how I hear it my head when I think about it. But in reality, he actually does say it as "ask" (with the s before the k). I know this because he said it to me this morning. Anyway, I know I'm a nerd for wanting to correct this, but I have a need to make sure that things are accurately portrayed.

And now here is the new Ryan-ism. This morning I was checking e-mails on the computer. Ryan woke up and walked into the livingroom. He found an empty bag of chocolate raisins sitting on the couch (which I had polished off the night before). He walked over to me with the empty bag in his hand and said, "Who ate all the chocolate raisins?" He was asking because the night before I had told him he could have some tomorrow. So when he saw the empty bag he knew he wouldn't be getting any. I knew, obviously, that I had eaten them all so I replied, "Who do you think?" (just because I wanted to see what he would say). He said, "Mom". And I laughed and said, "Yes! I'm sorry!" He got a sad look on his face and said, "That makes me sad." And I said, "I forgot that you wanted some." And he said, "You shouldn’t tell me [that I could have some and then eat them all by yourself]. I’m going to tell my Dad that you eat all the chocolate raisins." He walked into the bedroom where Scott was sleeping and I could hear him say, "Dad, open your eyes." And then he proceeded to tell Scott all about it. "Mom ate all the chocolate raisins. She forgot to save some for me. She ate them all! Maybe someday we’ll go to the store and buy more chocolate raisins." Then he walked back out where I was sitting at the computer and said to me, "Maybe someday we’ll buy more chocolate raisins. Because you ate them all." Then he walked over to the garbage can and said, "I guess I have to throw the chocolate raisin bag in the garbage."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That story is hilarious! And, at the same time, I was sad for Ryan. I can't imagine having to wait until morning to get some chocolate and then it's gone. Of course he was disappointed - and probably angry. I would be!

I also have a Ryan-ism story. I was babysitting in early July. I took Grace into her Mom & Dad's bed and was getting her comfy with a bottle. As we laid there, Ryan came in and I invited him up on the bed. He slid right over by Grace and with his blankie in his grip said "This is a perfect day". (So sweet!)