Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Daycare, Pee, and Push-ups

There are 3 things I don't want to forget, so I'm writing them down before they're gone from my busy mind.

# ONE - Daycare
Ryan and Grace started a new daycare on Tuesday (July 29). It's in a home and the provider's name is Netta. She's awesome. We love her, we love her house, we love her kids, and we love that she provides written and verbal updates about our kids. She also does tons of activites, games and crafts with them. On Tuesday when we dropped the kids off I was so happy that they were in good spirits when we left. Ryan was already moving around the place, checking out all the toys, and when I kissed him goodbye he was wearing this huge pair goggles that he had found (bright blue and square shaped, with no lenses). It was hilarious! And Grace was literally all smiles and laughs, bouncing up and down in our arms before we left. Scott picked them up in the afternoon and they both did really good on their first day. Netta even gave us a write-up of how their day went. I love that. Right now we're taking them there 1 day a week to get acclimated, and they'll start a 3 day per week schedule in September.

# TWO - Pee
This is huge! On Tuesday Ryan started peeing in the big toilet, standing up! Up until this point he had been sitting down on his potty chair when he had to go to the bathroom. But on Tuesday morning (July 29) when Scott reminded him to go to the bathroom, he walked in there and decided (all on his own!) to walk up to the big potty and pee standing up. Scott and I had a fun time watching him do this, I guess because it was so unexpected. And ever since that day... it's now 1 day and several hours later... he's continued to pee in the big toilet whenever he has to go. I'm very proud of him.

# THREE - Push-ups
Just today (July 30) we noticed that Grace is able to lay on her stomach and push herself up. Instead of only raising her head up, she plants her hands on the floor and lifts her entire chest up off the floor. Isn't it funny that I'm talking about a 10-month old baby just being able to do this now? She doesn't crawl, she doesn't stand against furniture, and she doesn't walk yet. But she's starting to get stronger so I'm happy about that. She can definitely roll around... she moves into about 50 different positions when she's sleeping. Oh, and one more thing we saw her do tonight that is new... Ryan was laying on his back and he wanted me to lay Grace on top of him, so as I did that she planted her arms and legs firmly on the ground while her butt was stuck up in the air, almost like a "downward dog" position in yoga. And she held herself that way without faltering! I was impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of progress in your household. I'm so happy that the daycare situation is working out well. I know how important that is to you.