Ryan has had a Lincoln Log set for quite awhile (a gift from his uncle Kurt and aunt Ann), but I've never really seen him build much without our help... until recently. On this day, he decided he wanted to build the picture that is on the box. So he dumped all the logs out, opened the instructions, and went to work. I think I was busy cleaning and getting things done around the house, but I would pop in to see how he was doing from time to time. A couple times he asked me how many little logs he needed for the next step, but that was about it. Later he called me into the room to see his accomplishment. He had built the whole thing and it looked pretty much just like the picture on the box. I was impressed! He pushed the buildings together when he was done with each of them, and he set up the guys and the other props too. I think he felt proud of what he'd done. It's fun to see your kids get excited when they do something new.

No comments:
Post a Comment