My friends and I (Kris, Carrie, Julie, and me) decided to have a Girls Weekend away. All 4 of us were roommates in college at UMD and since Julie lives a few hours away we don't get to see her very often. She suggested we get together at the casino in Hinckley and the rest of us jumped at the idea. I shouldn't call it a girls "weekend" since we only got away for one day/evening but close enough. Kris, Carrie, and I headed up north Saturday afternoon with a couple stops along the way for food and refreshments -- Big Daddy's Bar & Grill in Harris and Chubby's in Pine City. We met Julie at the casino and went from there. First, talking and catching up in the hotel room and a game of Imaginiff. Next, a little gambling - Carrie and Julie were the lucky ones tonight. I think Kris and I were jealous. Then, some drinks in the casino bar while we listened to the country band. After that we headed out... to a bar down the road where we played pool, listened to some good music, talked, and had a good time. We ended the night with a game of euchre (which brings us back to our college days) in our hotel room and then it was sleepy time. It was a fun night. I wish it could've lasted longer. Hopefully this will be an annual event for us.

Kris, Carrie, and Julie

Me, Carrie, and Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment