Thursday, February 25, 2010

LEGOS

February 12, 2010
Ryan is into LEGOS now. He got a couple sets for Christmas and he was so excited. I have to say, although I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the little pieces (they are in Ziploc bags right now), I have fun putting the sets together with him because it's one of "his" things that I enjoy (unlike sword fighting and playing with Star Wars figurines) and it feels like we accomplished something. That is, until he takes the finished product apart and wants to do it again. Then I tell him he's on his own. Once is good for me. Recently, one of his Star Wars Lego ships kind of broke apart, and he wanted to put it back together, and he wanted me to help him, but I told him to try on his own, so he took all the pieces and started to try, but it was hard to do. So he decided to make his own ship. When he was done, he brought it over to me and explained all the parts that made up his ship. He showed me the guns, and the gears (he actually used that word - which made me laugh), and the seat where the guy can sit, and more guns (big ones and little ones), etc. It was so fun to see his imagination at work, and I took a picture to capture a memory of his creation.

No comments: