Friday, June 20, 2008

Raspberries for Grace

Grace had her 9-month well baby check today and all is well. Every time the doctor sees her he laughs and says, "She isn't missing any meals." I take it as a compliment. She's a big baby! 20 pounds & 3 ounces (81st percentile), 28.8 inches long (93rd percentile), and 18.5 inch head circumference (99th percentile). She has five teeth already, with a sixth on the way. The doctor said that she has a lot of teeth for her age, so she can definitely start eating small pieces of table food now. I decided to test this out tonight by giving her small chunks of raspberries. She took one look at those on her highchair and started to cry. It was pretty funny because up to this point she hasn't refused any food. I finally convinced her to try one bite, but she did not like that. She took it into her mouth, mushed it around, and then did her best attempt to spit it out (all while fussing about it). It was amusing to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raspberries! I'm sure that was just a little too tart for her taste and she had to let you know. Funny though that she would just look at them and get upset.