On this day I made homemade popsicles for the kids. Just yogurt spooned into an ice cube tray with pretzel sticks for handles.
This is Ryan showing them off. Unfortunately, those pretzel sticks did not hold up for long and Ryan had a meltdown over it. You'll see that picture later.




This is Ryan's meltdown (see picture below) because the pretzel sticks broke off his popsicles. I told him it was my fault for not using stronger, thicker pretzel sticks but he couldn't get over it. I tried to teach him a good life lesson... that things don't always go the way we want them to and we need to roll with the punches... by not giving him more unbroken popsicles. Hopefully the lesson will sink in. Poor little guy. He's still learning to fight through those urges to throw a tantrum. He eventually calmed down enough (after about 10 minutes) to eat a few bites with a fork, but that was it. Even though it tasted good to him, he didn't want any more. Next time I'm using good ol' popsicles molds. I found some really cute, multi-colored ones at Target for like 3 bucks. No more meltdowns (I hope). :)

No comments:
Post a Comment