Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Don't Smell On It

I just had to write this down before I forgot. Ryan got a "new" bed today. Actually it's Scott's old twin bed from when he was a kid. But Ryan is excited about it nonetheless. He has finally upgraded from a small little toddler bed to a big boy bed. He can stretch out and roll around! I'm excited for him. Anyway, tonight was his first night in the new bed. He asked me to sleep with him for awhile, so I got into bed with him and showed him that it's big enough for both of us to lay down. He liked that. But before he would settle down he wanted to run out and ask Scott a quick question about something. So as he was getting out of bed and starting to leave the room he said to me, "Mom, you stay here. You can cuddle with my blankie. But make sure you don't smell on it, otherwise it will get warm, because I want it cold." This made me giggle! When he says "don't smell on it" he means don't breathe on it. He just started saying this in the last month or so. When I'm laying close to him my breath feels warm on his face and he especially doesn't like it when my warm breath gets on his blankie. He'll tell me... "Don't smell on my blankie." It's so funny! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny. I love the phrases kids come up with.