Yesterday (August 21st) we drove up to Farm Island Lake, near Aitkin, MN to spend 2 days with Scott's parents at their cabin. I cannot believe it, but this is the first time we've been to their cabin since our kids were born! Ryan and Grace have never been there, so this was fun for them too. We spent 2 relaxing days... cruising in the pontoon, reading (I read a whole book!), eating, making s'mores, playing baseball, napping (mostly me and Grace), digging in the sand, fishing on the dock, and enjoying each other's company. We got home tonight and I'm so glad we went because this has been our first weekend together as a whole family since Scott's baseball ended. (By the way... their season finished when they lost two games in the Regional finals in Ohio. Scott got home on Sunday, August 17th. I'm sad that his team didn't make it to the World Series this year, but I am proud of all they accomplished.) Anyway, back to the cabin stuff - here are pictures from our time there over the past 2 days.
Making s'mores.
Eating a graham cracker - yummy!
Smarshmallows (as Ryan calls them)!
This is Grace's "I'm tired and I'm going to suck my thumb backwards" look. I've always wanted to capture this on camera because I love how she sucks her thumb.
Relaxing at night.
Ryan really wanted to sleep on the couch while the adults stayed up in the livingroom.
Getting ready to go fishin' with Dad and Grandpa.

All geared up. But actually, once he got down to the dock he got bored because he wasn't catching fish right after he cast his line. Takes after his Mom I guess.
Playing ring toss.

Baseball game... better than watching the Twins.

Me and Grace.
Grandma and Grace.
Making sandcastles.
Look at me!
Enjoying the water.
Essential sandcastle making tools.
Checking out a stick in the water.
Throwing rocks off the dock.
1 comment:
I can't believe that was the FIRST time your whole family went to the cabin together! Looking at those pictures makes me want to be up at the lake. Fun times!
Post a Comment