Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grace's First Steps

She did it! Grace took her first steps today and I was shocked that it happened right in front of me. She started standing up on her own this week, and today she practiced it a lot while she was playing with Ryan. I grabbed my camera to catch her standing up, and I decided to ask her to walk towards me. I didn't think for a minute that she would do it, but she did! I couldn't believe it. If she walks (really walks) before her 18-month "birthday" on March 19th I can tell her doctor she made it in the nick of time. Ha ha! I'm really proud of her for taking the initiative today to try something new. Watch the video below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB GRACE!!!!!!! She looked so excited! Congrats Heather and Scott... I love the no pants... maybe that is the key! Love you Grace! ~Maria

Anonymous said...

Look out world! Here comes Gracie!!! She is so pleased with herself - and should be. I like the Mowgli crawl. Way to go Grace!